Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Today is the day

In about 8 hours, I will be on my flight stright to Paris. Yes straight, that means I will be on the plane for 15 hours! Before I leave, I think I will be making a quick stop to Walgreens for some Nyquill. Also, I have to make sure I have some cash so that I can buy a few glasses of wine in case the Nyquill is taken away for being in a container that is too large.

When I woke up this morning I looked at my phone and saw an Email from my contact in Paris. Needless to say this made me pretty excited. He seems to be a funny guy and his name is Boris. Maybe he will be easier to contact than my program.

Ok so I realize that  my Visa is up in July. And well maybe I will need to return after my program is over. Sad, very sad, I wanted to spend the summer in Europe backpacking. But I guess I have to take charge of my college responsibilities. So I checked the flights and ummm right now they are 1,000+ woah! Yeah I think I should have just bought them as a round trip. I saved a lot on the flight to Paris as I only paid $250 something, but now, I am going to be spending a fortune. Bummer!

Last thoughts:

- I am actually a little nervous now! I had been super chill about everything and just anxious to leave. Now Im getting the flutters (butterflies).
- I get sheets ready in the apartment! Which means I don't have to take mine. Which is excellent because taking stuff out my bag means I maybe wont surpass the weight limit
- I actually have to make a few stops before the airport. I just need to buy a few things and make a run to the bank.
- I need to call ATT so they know I will be abroad
- I received an email from my cellphone company abroad, I will have my phone starting January 26th! Good good good
- I took my online placement test, Im in the intermediate level.
- My arrival will be super hectic. I get to my flat and and go straight to le petit déjeuner. Then I have some time in the apartment but after I have to go do some other things, I cannot remember what the email said. Well, I will be busy busy and I will be jet lagged.


Alright, that is it for now I have to start getting ready for my flight (YEAH!)

No comments:

Post a Comment