Thursday, January 26, 2012

Arrived

everything went well during the flight. we departed on time, arrived on time, customs was a breeze, and the shuttle picked me up right on time. The only problem was that they did not get the memo on me being a vegan. So i ended up just getting a tiny salad and buying a mini bottle of wine. The lady apparently felt really bad because the second time she came around, she snuck me a second bottle of wine. I couldn't complain.
Getting to the apartment took forever. There was a lot of traffic and the airport is on the other end if the city. But the ride was a nice tour. I saw a large part of the city. As I sat in the backseat, I read all the signs. My ability to read and understand was great. I felt prepared for the French! So at the end of the ride the driver started asking about me, you know small talk. How long was in Paris, had i been there before. This seemed pretty normal until we were a few block away from my destination. "So would you like to go out for wine" he said. I did not know what to say so I kind of just ignored the question. Well he ended up giving me his number so I could call him. Yeah right buddy you are about 40 and probably married. Eh, it was pretty funny.
So get my bags and cross the street to my apartment. I enter the code and get in with the first try. I walk in head to the elevator and press the 2nd floor button. The door opens I head towards the stairs and ring the doorbell. I though, great! I am finally at my home for the next 6 months. Except there are no college students, an older French lady comes out in her PJs! I try to explain that I actually ended up going on the 3rd floor and not the 2nd. The problem, I couldn't say what I wanted to say in French! AH! She actually seemed a bit bothered, but she spoked English and I explained a little better. I head down the stairs and approach the apartment on the actual 2nd floor. I ring the doorbell and out comes another lady, ah I messed up again? She asks if I am a student and tells me that she is the cleaning lady. Except this took like 3 minuets. Not only that but she tried to tell me to call my director. Basically I was all very confusing, but things have been sorted out. I met all the girls on the trip and we went to breakfast with Boris. It was a good time.
As of now I am attempting to combat jet lag. It is currently 4:25 here in Paris. This means that back home in Chicago it is night time. And I am running on a max of 2 hours of sleep. But I cannot complain, my flat mates are really cool, the flat itself is awesome and I AM IN PARIS!

The apartment

Patio in my room!


The hallway
View from the kitchen
Kitchen








Shower Room




My room!

5 comments:

  1. Elvia I cant believe that your in Paris ! Wow . I look forward to all your future blogs . Please post lots and lots of pictures . I might just want to honeymoon in Paris in few months . I hope you have the best time in France . Eat some cheese and drink some wine for me plz . :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, dude I'm soooooooo jealous of your place!! I wish I could get an apartment so badly! Oh well, the home stay will be cool too... Can't wait to get to Paris and hang with you and Dasom!

    <3 Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys!
    lovely1682: sorry im not allowed to see who you are, sites blocked? who are you if i may ask?

    meg: no worries you can visit anytime! yeah contact me when you are ready to chill n_n

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool, great idea keeping a blog.

    cheers, max

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elvia . Its Reyna. Jackies's sister lol .

    ReplyDelete