Monday, December 19, 2011

French Consulate

I have my visa appointment tomorrow (11:10am!) I've gathered all the papers, and have them all in my little blue folder, that is already pack in my purse so that I don't end up forgetting it at home. Getting all the paperwork is a p.r.o.c.e.s.s! I am about sure it took me about 1 hour. I really really hope I have everything prepared. I've checked about 3 times already and it seems as though everything is set and prepared. However, I am a bit nervous because I do not have a return flight. I hear that may be a problem. I tried calling but apparently they are closed on Saturdays. I hope there is not much problem, I'll just have to explain that well, I am not sure how long my stay in Paris will end up being. I have to see if I can take classes over there and how much they will cost. Also it all depends on how much money I still have at that point.





I now realize that I indeed will greatly miss my family and friends. I had a really good conversation with my mom, and well she wants me to call her about every week. Not sure how that will work but I want to stay in contact with her. I will be away for about 6 months. For me, that time seems reasonable. I want to get away, I want learn about other cultures and traditions, I want to see all the beautiful and unknown cities that seem so far away. I am completely ready for a change, a new breath of air. My mom is a bit worried about me going to a completely different country, but she know that I will do fine. I've been preparing for this moment ever since I was 14. At that age I was ready to live away from home, so I decided to go to boarding school. I think of myself as a very independent person.  I feel like living in another country will be a good change and I am not worried what so ever. Well, actually that is a lie. My french is not great, I am learning. And I mean that is why you study abroad right? So you can become fluent and learn from the people themselves.



Tomorrow, I will update on how everything went at the consulate.






No comments:

Post a Comment